Here we go, Ramadan is upon us once again. For those of you reading that are Muslim - good luck with your fast, and enjoy your annual ritual. The rest of the GCC starts Ramadan tomorrow, here in Oman, it will start on Saturday 21st July, which means if it is 30 days, then Eid will fall on Sunday the 19th or Monday the 20th August. If you are not a Muslim reading this, then these are my top 5 tips for surviving Ramadan as a non-muslim in Oman:
1. Expect very little to be done by any Government offices
2. Order your lunch to be delivered, or bring a pack lunch. I understand most restaurants will deliver during the day.
3. Get invited to the many house parties that take place during this month.
4. Do not drive, anywhere, at all, in the last 3 hours of daylight, your playing a rigged lottery and the odds are not in your favour.
5. Make sure you drink a lot of water before going to any meetings.
And, once again, a little picture I posted last year at this time (and the year before that), I think it's fairly instructive: