Here we are, once again arriving at the start of July. 40'c at 6:30pm and 75% humidity? Perfect for pre-season fitness training for the 2011-12 Gulf Conference champions, Muscat Rugby Football Club. Starting tomorrow night, Sunday 1st July, and every Sunday and Tuesday thereafter until mid September, the MRFC squad will be under the direction of Steven Little, from Muscat's premier cross-fit trainers, Muscat Innerfight.
So if you are feeling the strain from the Muscat summer inches phenomenon which seems to happen once it gets too hot to do anything other than drive to and from air conditioned places and waistlines expand, why not consider coming down and joining in with the
This map shows where the MRFC grass pitch is (although it is closed until September) as well as the ABA School. The summer fitness sessions take place on the astroturf tennis courts by the entrance to the ABA school every Sunday and Tuesday from 6:30pm.
As an aside, the MRFC are now selling Social memberships to the MRFC. These social memberships cost RO 40 and the fees will go towards paying the ever-increasing transportation costs to attend matches across the GCC. Now the MRFC don't expect you to hand over RO 40 for just the goodwill of the club, and so we have negotiated with the lovely people at the Hyatt the following deal for all MRFC members (playing or social):
- Habana Bar:
- 40% off drinks until 22.00 and a 20% discount on all beverage consumptions after 22.00.
- Safari Rooftop and Safari pub:
- 10% discount
- 20% discount on food & beverages in the following outlets:
- Tuscany Italian Restaurant
- Mokha Café
- Sirj Tea Lounge
- John Barry Bar
- Marjan Indonesian Restaurant & Pool Bar
- Copacabana Nightclub
- Pool Access is as follows:
- Free pool access until 30 September 2012, any day.
- 01 October 2012 until 30 April 2013, free pool access during weekdays (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday); 50% discount on any other day.
- 01 May 2013 until 30 September 2013, any day.
- 01 October 2013 until 30 April 2014, free pool access during weekdays (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday); 50% discount on any other day.
- 01 May 2014 until 31 July 2014, any day.
- Blackout dates due to high occupancy are: 22 December 2012 to 11 January 2013 (both days inclusive) Eid or any other Public Holidays in between 01 October 2012 and 30 April 2013
- Advantage Membership Program:
- MRFC members get a discount of 25% when purchasing the Advantage membership.
- Rooms at the Hyatt:
- The hotel offers a special rate for MRFC members for a Grand Room of OR 50.000 (Omani Rial Fifty) plus service charge and tax (OR 58.700NET) room only for single or double occupancy. Only available on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Club Olympus Membership:
- 40% Discount on any Club Olympus Membership for any MRFC member.
Yes, you read that right: Free pool access to the Hyatt pool. For RO 40 a year as a MRFC member. That sure beats the RO 600 price tag that comes with the InterCon pool membership.....
If you would like to sign up as a social member, and get access to these great perks, as well as support rugby in Muscat, please do drop me an email: mrsythe [at] gmail.com.