Hi everyone, it's Saturday, which means for most of us it's the start of the work week, and I think the schools have started up (or are just about to start up) for the new year. I blogged about this particular item previously, but just wanted to re-post the information now that more people are back in town after their summer holidays abroad.
Muscat RFC have signed a deal with the Grand Hyatt, Muscat for all MRFC members. The benefits are substantial, and the cost is RO 40 for the year from today, September 1st, to August 31st 2013, (or RO 80 for a family membership). For those members who find they like these benefits, the good news is we've signed the deal through 2014, so you can renew again next year too!
Here is a list of all the benefits:
- Habana Bar:
- 40% off drinks until 22.00 and a 20% discount on all beverage consumptions after 22.00.
- Safari Rooftop and Safari pub:
- 10% discount
- 20% discount on food & beverages in the following outlets:
- Tuscany Italian Restaurant
- Mokha Café
- Sirj Tea Lounge
- John Barry Bar
- Marjan Indonesian Restaurant & Pool Bar
- Copacabana Nightclub
- Pool Access is as follows:
- Free pool access until 30 September 2012, any day.
- 01 October 2012 until 30 April 2013, free pool access during weekdays (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday); 50% discount on any other day.
- 01 May 2013 until 30 September 2013, any day.
- 01 October 2013 until 30 April 2014, free pool access during weekdays (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday); 50% discount on any other day.
- 01 May 2014 until 31 July 2014, any day.
- Blackout dates due to high occupancy are: 22 December 2012 to 11 January 2013 (both days inclusive) Eid or any other Public Holidays in between 01 October 2012 and 30 April 2013
- Advantage Membership Program:
- MRFC members get a discount of 25% when purchasing the Advantage membership.
- Rooms at the Hyatt:
- The hotel offers a special rate for MRFC members for a Grand Room of OR 50.000 (Omani Rial Fifty) plus service charge and tax (RO. 58.700) room only for single or double occupancy. Only available on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Club Olympus Membership:
- 40% Discount on any Club Olympus Membership for any MRFC member.
As you can see, quite an awesome deal! The reason why the MRFC are doing this is, rugby in the GCC is expensive. An away game consists of return travel for 22 players plus coaches, accommodation costs and travel costs in the other country. Add to that the cost of keeping a pitch green in this climate, and a whole other host of costs, it all adds up to a very large amount of money. So not only will you be getting yourself (or your family) a sweet deal with the Grand Hyatt, Muscat, you will also be helping support one of the oldest rugby club's in the GCC in it's new season to retain it's Gulf Conference Cup title (which they won last year).
If you are interested, then drop me an email to mrsythe[at]gmail[dot]com and I'll send you the forms and instructions on how to apply.