You may have noticed that there is a new advert on the blog, this is for the Sultanate of Oman's official online donation portal for registered charities in Oman.
Currently there are 9 registered charities you can donate to via the portal, and some of them have appeared on this blog before. Ramadan for many is a time to give back, and if you really want to give back to charity organizations, this is an easy way to do it. The charities registered are:
1. Al Noor Association for the Blind
2. National Association for Cancer Awareness
3. Dar Al Atta Charity
4. Environment Society of Oman
5. Association of Early Intervention for Children with Special Needs
6. Oman Charity Organization
7. The Association of the welfare of the Handicapped
8. Oman Hereditary Blood Disorder Association
9. Oman Association for Disabled
The purpose of the Donations Portal is to provide an opportunity for Citizens and Residents to make online donations to a charity of their choice. Designed for simplicity, making a donation is as easy making a payment using a credit card authorised by an Omani bank.
In the past, unless one knew where a particular charity was located to physically visit it, making a donation could sometimes be a difficult process.
This online Donations Portal is attempting to gain access to the largest groups of communities possible via the Internet, in an effort to promote a culture of volunteerism; a message that humanity must believe is important.
So, if you are feeling charitable this Ramadan, consider donating via this portal.